Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Just Saying







Well, one of the first big free agents gets a deal, and when I say big free agent, I mean the biggest, fattest free agent out there.


You can read about it here.


http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081210&content_id=3710546&vkey=hotstove2008


So, C.C. is a Skankee. At first glance you might get a bit nervous thinking, "man, this guy has been good, won a cy young, good ERA against the AL East". Sure, the guy is good, for a tub of lard. But, lets look a little closer.........

*First of all the contract is 7 years $160,000,000. The Yanks just don't learn from their mistakes. I mean, the big contracts are killing them. CC will be 35 and well past his prime by the end of that contract.

*One pitcher isn't going to fix a team......I'm sure they will make some more big moves, I've heard Lowe could be signed soon. I still think they are number 3 in the East next year.

*Red Sox can hit CC. I don't have his regular season record against the Sox, but I do know that his post season record is 1-3 with a 7.92 ERA, going 0-2 against the Sox in the most important time of the baseball season.

*The guy is fat......he's thrown more pitches than most pitchers in the game and he weighs more than most players combined. I just feel like after a couple years he's going to lose a step, lose a couple of MPH on his fast ball and probably get hurt.

*One more......his start to the season last year was 6-8. I know he did good with the Brewers, but 6-8. If he starts out that way, the media with kill him.

*And, how will he handle the media if he stuggles, it's killed many before.




Did he say 4 1/3 innings 8 runs to the Red Sox ? Ha, ha, ha, ha, ha, ha,.........

1 comment:

  1. I think if the Yankees keep CC to 200 to 210 innings in the regular season, he'll be a fine postseason pitcher. That is, of course, if the Yankees MAKE the postseason. hehe.

    ReplyDelete