Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Sox are Bard up for catching.

Theo.....usually, I can follow you. I can agree with you.....I can even drink my beer and smile as I think of the deals rolling around inside of your head.
But, this one...I don't get.
Ok, ok.....Bard had a couple of good offensive years when we ditched his ass, last year he hit .200ish. He'll probably be fine with the the bat, I'm cool with that.
What I don't get is this. We get rid of 'Belli because we have Bard..........Bard can't catch the knuckleball. Now, understand, this was his one and only job......and he (I'll repeat here) COULDN'T CATCH THE FUCKING KNUCKLEBALL!!!
So, what did we do, we trade Bard to get 'Belli back.....right? Ok, great....'Belli catches Wake just great, but now a catch.........'Belli is no longer.
So, we had this guy Kevin Cash. This guy did a really freaking good job catching the Wakester. I was impressed. His bat was similar to the 'Belli, but......you know what, his only job was to catch the fucking knuckleball.
So, a funny thing happens this year. (Theo, here's where I'm confused) We don't resign Cash, nope, in fact......WE LET THE FUCKING YANKEES SIGN HIM, THOSE FUCKWADS.
So, no 'Belli, no Cash, no one to catch the difficult knuckler. Right, Wrong. We resign Bard.
Now, I'm assuming he's not going to be our everyday catcher, if he does end up becoming our everyday guy, I'll erase this post, but I just don't think he will be our everyday catcher.
So, you may ask yourself.....if he's not our everyday catcher, what would his job be?
HIS FUCKING JOB, WHICH HE FAILED AT MISERABLY ONCE, WOULD BE TO CATCH TIM WAKEFIELD AND HIS KNUCKLEBALL.
This is all so confusing and makes me feel................like we should have just resigned Kevin Cash for chump change.
To me, too many catchers, resigned, traded away, resigned, losing money for 1 pitcher.

No comments:

Post a Comment